Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mental prep for Slovakia

So,
i'm going to move to Bratislava next week. I'm going to live with my grandmother for 5 months and work as an intern at the Dutch Embassy. Hopefully it won't be too boring because I am somewhat excited about it.
Finally i get to do something other than school. I've had enough academics for now and I am glad to finally be doing something for my career.
Its a shame that Bratislava is still a little behind in some thing, for instance ISP's there are not so efficient or cheap or fast. I guess the Netherlands has spoiled me that way. Fun fact: the Netherlands has the highest ratio of broadband connections to inhabitants in the world. Go figure!
But its true, this coutnry has been pushing highspeed internet connections very much and i'm grateful. Go Holland.
Fuck you Slovakia... :)
That place is so fucked up I won't even get into it. The economy, politics, parliament, entrepreneurs... it seems like no one ISN'T crooked there..
I guess business ethics is too "far-fetched" a concept for them still..
Anyways, I leave on the 31st of August.
Time to enjoy my last days here.

No comments: